Eligibility Requirements: (exceptions approved by the Manager)
- Guests must be medically stable and able to care for themselves and/or family members independently.
- Guests should live 50 miles and/or have a 2 hour or more commute to the SLC VA Medical Center.
- Minor children must be supervised at ALL times.
- Veterans or military patients must be hospitalized at the SLC VA Medical Center or receiving care in a community hospital paid by the VA. Exceptions are made if we have available rooms not being used.
- Veterans or military patients may not stay at the Fisher House without being accomodated by someone at all times.
Will I be charged to stay at the Fisher House?
No. By law, there is no charge for any family to stay at a Fisher House operated by the Department of Veterans Affairs. The SLC Fisher House depends on donations to help support its home. Guests are welcome to provide a donation.
How do I make a referral?
A consult has been developed to make referrals for families to stay at the SLC Fisher House. Contact us directly to make that referral.