Eligibility Requirements: (exceptions approved by the Manager)
- Guests must be medically stable and able to care for themselves and/or family members independently.
- Guests should live 50 miles and/or have a 2 hour or more commute to the SLC VA Medical Center.
- Guests should require lodging for 3 or more days.
- Minor children must be supervised at ALL times.
- Veterans or military patients must be hospitalized at the SLC VA Medical Center or receiving care in a community hospital paid by the VA.
- Veterans or military patients may not stay at the Fisher House without a family member.
Will I be charged to stay at the Fisher House?
No. By law, there is no charge for any family to stay at a Fisher House operated by the Department of Veterans Affairs. The SLC Fisher House depends on donations to help support its home. Guests are welcome to provide a donation.
How do I make a referral?
A consult has been developed to make referrals for families to stay at the SLC Fisher House. The inpatient/outpatient referring provider will screen the family and/or patient to make sure they meet eligibility criteria before making the consult. The Manager can not approve any referral unless it comes thru the referring provider. Please feel free to contact the Manager for more information.